Going to book your first photo session ever or just not sure about how to prepare, what to wear and how to act during the shoot? No panic🤗 For your convenience I've written some recommendations based on our professional experience😌
1. If you're not going to start booking photoshoots every season after your 1st shoot, ask yourself how would you like to present your style and personality on the shoot. My opinion here is: fashionable is always better than ordinary. But...
2. ...please, don't put on anything that will take much time to "work" with. Like evening gowns with endless tails. Or extra high heels in which you can only stand still on a flat surface. Or clothes that don't let you breath in normally. We're going to have dynamic street-style shooting, and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable and not able to follow the directions. So if you have some doubts, you're welcome to ask me for advice. In general, I won't recommend to wear "total white" looks (except newlyweds, of course :D), too vivid color tops (as they can affect your face tone). Great option is to wear simple clothes but express yourself by using some stylish accessories, as watches, shades/glasses, scarves, hats, gloves, headbands, earrings, rings, etc. You can bring some personal props for certain shots: a meaningful book, a favorite flower, food/drink, other special things.
3. Especially for my dear ladies! Please, don't ignore such "beautification instruments" as make up and hair styling. If you don't feel very confident about yourself, just imagine how disappointed you might be after getting your photos, where the only (but such important!) thing that you won't like will be blushing/frosted red cheeks, thin lips or "everyday routine" hairstyle. P.S. Red lipstick makes a huge difference to even most basic look ;)
4. Ladies & Gentlemen...Manicure! I shoot enough of close-ups and going to ask you to use your hands.
5. Comfortable shoes. Please, keep in mind that you're booking a dynamic photoshoot on a wide location(s). If you still want to shoot in fashionably high heels I highly recommend to bring a comfortable change for walking fast from one spot to another (as we don't want to waste time and your energy level, right?)
Enough about visual appearance.
I'm going to share some "mental preparation" tips tomorrow!
Stay tuned! XO
Some examples of stylish & comfortable looks by our Couples